I have shared this recipe via InstaStories a few times and have gotten enough DMs that leads me to believe you guys want to know more! This drink is honestly my FAVORITE part about the mornings. Waking up knowing that I have a (dairy free) Iced Vanilla Almond Milk Latte* waiting for me is motivating enough to drag myself out of bed and into the kitchen. (* it’s not a traditional latte, it’s more of an improvised version…but I love it and it’s EASY so that’s all that matters, right?)
“But first, coffee” resonates deeply with me. I quite literally cannot start my day until I’ve had at least one cup. I have trouble even communicating effectively without a sip first, so…don’t ever get between me and my iced coffee. I’m ALSO the type of person that 99.9% of the time will choose iced coffee over hot coffee. It’s got to be negative temps outside for me to make the switch. And even then, if I’m going to be inside, I’ll choose iced.
So let’s get to it! This is my SUPER EASY, super tasty at-home Iced Vanilla Almond Milk Latte recipe.
- First, gather everything you’ll need. This includes your glass, ice, straw (save your teeth!), cold brew, milk of choice, spices, and mason jar (most important component of this latte!).
- COLD BREW: This coffee has to brew 12 hours prior, so I typically make it at night in my favorite cold brew maker and let it brew in the fridge until the morning. This cold brew maker yields about 4-5 cups of cold brew depending on how much you drink each day, so it’s perfect for the week. It’s super easy to make, and really budget friendly. Simply add your favorite ground coffee into the mesh filter (I do 10 scoops), fill the pitcher with water, close the air-tight lid and shake until the water starts to appear brow, store in the fridge and let brew for at least 12 hours. Enjoy 🙂
- VANILLA ALMOND MILK: I’m slowly teaching myself how to live with less dairy in my life, and for a girl that LOVES her vanilla lattes, this has been a great alternative to regular whole milk! I prefer the unsweetened version because I like to add my own spices and sweeteners so I don’t want it to be too sweet. I like to have control over the flavor.
- SPICES: My favorite spices to include are Turmeric (anti-inflammatory) and Cinnamon (protects heart health and brain function), and 1 packet of Stevia in the Raw (no calories, no sugar, least processed of all stevia products). I don’t have a specific measurement for the turmeric and cinnamon, but I like to include about a dash of each.
- MASON JAR: This is the KEY to this entire recipe. I used to make my cold brew coffee with all of these same ingredients, sans mason jar and it was fine. But there is something about the frothiness the mason jar provides that just gives my soul a little extra happiness in the morning. Plus, it’s so much better to shake up all of the spices in the mason jar as opposed to mixing them with your straw in your small cup. This is the way I achieve that latte froth without a frother! I just shake an insane amount for about 10 seconds, then pour over my cold brew.
- ENJOY! This recipe is SO easy, and if you set out all the ingredients beforehand it will take you way less than a minute. I hope you love it as much as I do!